Answer the following questions on a sheet of paper, in complete sentences. Use the hyper links to answer all of the questions. You can also find the answers in your book.
- What do plants take in through the roots?
- What moves up stems to the leaves?
- Where does the leaf get water?
- Where does the leaf get carbon dioxide?
- What does the leaf combine to make sugar?
- What does the plant release into the air as a waste?
- What does the plant do with the sugar it makes?
- Why are plants important to the environment?
Click on The Cycle.
- What molecules are involved for the plant?
- Where did the energy come from?
- Where does the carbon dioxide come from?
- Where does the water come from?
Click on the Atomic Shuffle
- What do you see when you zoom in on the leaf?
- What two molecules does the leaf use?
- What does it turn these molecules into?
- Write down the equation for photosynthesis.
Click on the Three Puzzlers
- Can a tree release enough oxygen to keep one person alive? Explain
- Can a plant survive without light?Explain
- Can a plant survive without oxygen? Explain